Friday, June 26, 2009

Aint nothing like a last stretch

We are now in Srinagar, the place in India people tell you not to go to ever. A lot of extremists (Islamic extremists) here, so bombs and violent protests are the norm. The danger is exaggerated since it doesn't happen TOO often and its not always in the cities.

We have been staying at a house boat, which is exactly how it sounds; a house that is also a boat. We have to take boat taxis to get to shore and back. There are floating markets to buy everything you need and a lot of wild life. Its really nice here. We have been just relaxing, since we are about to go back into the shit storm of central India where you die in rickshaw accidents 3 times a day and the weather never bends below 45 degrees (and your ridiculed if you wear shorts!!).

Although I'm a fan of the place itself, since its gorgeous and reminds me of Canada in many ways, I'm not a fan of the people. They all seem like tricksters and sheisters. Even the family we are staying with can be really sketchy at times.

We have about 10 more days in India and I've realized 2 month trips are definitely not long enough. I feel almost upset to have to go home despite really excited about a lot of things coming up when I get home.

Speaking of which. When I come home, along with me will be cartons of cigarettes and beadies if anyone is interested :):)

No comments: