Saturday, June 13, 2009

Strongest Man On Earth

Everytime I am about to do something I had reservations about, well, I'm obviously skeptical about my own abilities to do it, whatever it is.

This time, it was about climbing a mountain. It took us eight hours in total. We accented about 1000 meters within that time. My legs are hurting pretty bad, but in a good way. I feel really good bout not just making it up there, but making it all the way to the top and realizing I am in shape to do things like this.

We got up there, and there were locals with their sheep, cattle, buffalo, horses, ect... We had a 180 view of all the mountains surrounding this mountain town. It was breathtaking. An incredible end to an amazing hike filled with hot chai, wild horses and packs of stinkin apes :) (seriously)

No time to rest though. In 4 hours, we are off the Ley in Ladack to do some intense trekking. The bus ride is about 18 hours WOO! Looking foward to it though. We only have 3 weeks left. May seem like alot, but its nothing. We are already making sure we have enough time to do what we want and it looks tight already, but we'll manage.

Thank zombie jesus we didnt try to fit southern India in this trip, that would have been impossible.

PACE

No comments: